AssetTrack integrates with HP OpenView Asset Manager via Connect-IT using tabular files to exchange data with Asset Manager.
Schedule the Connect-IT scenarios while using AssetTrack's File Integration System (FIS) to automate integration between AssetTrack and Asset Manager. All scanned and published assets will automatically import into Asset Manager.
- Asset Manager: Versions 5.x - 9.x
- Connect IT: Versions 3.x - 9.x
To get started, ensure you have:
- Obtained Connect-IT scripts from AMI
- Installed Connect-IT
Configure AssetTrack Server
To configure AssetTrack to work with Asset Manager:
- Log into AssetTrack Server
- Navigate to Settings
- Select AssetTrack Server tab
- Set Integration settings > Repository Integration to Tabular files
- Select File Integration tab
- Set Server file locations > Incoming directory to c:\Program Files\AMI\Import Service\Incoming
- Set Server file locations > Outgoing directory to c:\Program Files\AMI\Import Service\Outgoing
- Save your changes
- Acquire the Connect-IT scripts, that came with AssetTrack
- Copy the files to your Connect-IT server
- Schedule your AssetTrack integration scenarios as described in the Connect-IT documentation
Export to TSV
Scenario: (1) Asset Manager, via Connect-IT, exports data to text files on disk, then; (2) AssetTrack imports data from text files into the AssetTrack database
- Connect-IT exports locations, users, models, assets, manufacturers and vendors. Then AssetTrack's File Integration System imports this data into AssetTrack.
- The default import location is c:\Program Files\AMI\Import Service\Incoming. To change this default, perform the appropriate step in the Configure AssetTrack Server section above.
- Schedule this scenario to run as often as you wish. This should correspond to the import schedule in the Windows Scheduled Tasks. See Configure the Import Service for instructions.
Import from TSV
Scenario: Asset Manager, via Connect-IT, imports data published by AssetTrack
- Connect-IT imports data from files found AssetTrack's outgoing directory. When an asset manager publishes data from the Queue, AssetTrack updates the outgoing directory.
- The default export location is c:\Program Files\AMI\Import Service\Outgoing. To change this default, perform the appropriate step in the Configure AssetTrack Server section above.
- Schedule this scenario to run as often as you wish. Your schedule requirements depend on how timely your Asset Manager updates must be. AMI recommends running the import scenario once a night.
- You can update AssetTrack to support newer versions of Asset Manager
- Ensure your Asset Manager version is supported by AssetTrack. See Upgrade AssetTrack Server.
- AMI will notify you with instructions to update any new Connect-IT scenarios