Follow the instructions below to install AssetTrack into your ServiceNow instance.
Request Trial from the ServiceNow Store
If your organization has not yet purchased a license of AssetTrack for ServiceNow, a user with ServiceNow HI credentials can request the trial from the ServiceNow Store.
- Visit the AssetTrack for ServiceNow Store page.
- Select Request Trial and follow through the prompts. During this time you can select which instance(s) of ServiceNow you want to provision AssetTrack.
- Log in using your HI Credentials.
Once complete AssetTrack will be available on the instance(s) you selected to make AssetTrack available.
Install the AssetTrack for ServiceNow Scoped Application
Once a trial is requested or a license is purchased, a ServiceNow Admin can install the AssetTrack for ServiceNow scoped application into a ServiceNow instance.
- In the Navigation bar, search for System Applications, and click on Applications.
- Click on the Download section.
- Install AssetTrack.
Install AssetTrack Administration Tools
AMI will provide an administration tools update set which adds control utilities for the management of AssetTrack for ServiceNow. Have a ServiceNow administrator apply the update sets provided by AMI following the instructions below:
Switch to AMI AssetTrack Scope
Use the application scope chooser to select the AMI AssetTrack scope before applying any AssetTrack update sets.
Apply AssetTrack Administration Tools Update Set
In standard situations, AMI will provide an AssetTrack Complete Update Set.xml file to apply to your instance following the store app installation. This update set adds the Manage Forms UI and other administrative tools. Apply the update set following install of the AssetTrack App from the ServiceNow Store
Manually Apply Update Sets
When instructed to apply update set components manually, as during testing of beta versions of AssetTrack for ServiceNow in non production instances, commit AssetTrack update sets in this order.
- Core Module
- Administration Module
- Admin Seed Data
- Default Forms
- Optional: Procurement Module (Dependent upon purchase of the PO Module. Contact your AMI sales representative for more information.)
Run Upgrade Pipeline
Following any install or upgrade, always run the upgrade pipeline to validate and update any AssetTrack configuration data in the instance to the current version. The upgrade pipeline can be run repeatedly without issue.
- Switch to the AssetTrack application scope.
- In the Navigation bar, search for AssetTrack.
- Under Configuration, choose Upgrade Pipeline.
- Click on Upgrade
Test the installation by launching the AssetTrack client from the ServiceNow menu and verifying the interface loads normally and displays the default forms.
- Select AssetTrack > Launch AssetTrack and make sure it launches with no errors
- Choose AssetTrack > Manage Forms and make sure that launches with no errors.
- NOTE: Internet Explorer will not load our Form Designer properly. Please use a browser such as Chrome or Firefox.