“I just installed AssetTrack in my ServiceNow instance. What next?”
Read on to configure and use AssetTrack for ServiceNow using out-of-the-box forms.
Assign asset roles to the ServiceNow users who need access to AssetTrack.
- Data collectors scan and upload asset information from the field
- Assign the x_amiam_assettrack.data_collector role to your data collectors
- Administrators manage the AssetTrack application (known as asset managers)
- Assign the x_amiam_assettrack.admin role to your asset manager
- Ideally, create an account for AMI support, then grant this role, to help you, if needed, with your trial instance
Install AssetTrack Apps
Connect the AssetTrack app on your device to your ServiceNow instance:
Connect AssetTrack to your ServiceNow instance:
- Open the AssetTrack app downloaded to your device
- Enter sn:// as prompted
E.g. For http://acme.service-now.com, enter sn://acme
- Sign in to AssetTrack for ServiceNow as prompted
Access the out-of-the-box asset tracking forms configured in your AssetTrack for ServiceNow instance. See online documentation to learn how to use AssetTrack for ServiceNow.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to customize your instance of AssetTrack for ServiceNow. We’ll show you how to customize the forms, fields and business rules to meet your specific needs.