Now available in AssetTrack for ServiceNow 3.0
Is your organization spread across multiple locations or campuses? Do you have a large team of IT Asset Managers, Service Desk Personnel, and Field Technicians supporting ongoing audits for thousands of hardware assets or large data centers and big stockrooms?
Many solutions are limited; allowing only one user to audit a stockroom, location or user at a time. Performing an audit of a large volume of distributed hardware assets can be extremely time consuming for a single resource. Although this process can be accelerated with RFID, barcode scenarios can take days or weeks to complete.
It’s now easier than ever to use AssetTrack audit to verify the accuracy of hardware data in ServiceNow. AssetTrack for ServiceNow enables multiple users to audit a stockroom or location as a team—reducing the time needed for audits dramatically.
How it works
- The Asset Manager defines an audit. Create a ServiceNow query using the Hardware assets view to choose the location, stockroom, model categories, and other criteria for the assets to be audited, and give the audit a name. For example, an Asset Manager defines an audit of the San Diego Border Pickup/Drop-off Stockroom to include all Computer Assets In Stock or Retired>Pending Disposal.
- The Asset Manager activates the audit. The Asset Manager opens the audit definition making it available for users in the field to perform.
- AssetTrack Auditors join the audit. Multiple AssetTrack users with the new auditor role can see the list of Active audits on their device and join them.
- Users scan assets in the audit. As each user scans assets, all users in that audit see the scans together. All user devices in the audit are updated as any user in the audit scans an asset.
- The Asset Manager views audit results. At any time, the Asset Manager can see the combined audit results in ServiceNow. All scanned assets are saved in an Audit Instance table accessible within ServiceNow.
- The Asset Manager closes the audit. When all auditors have completed scanning, the Asset Manager closes the audit, which applies any required changes to the Hardware Asset records and calculates the audit accuracy percentages.
Reporting Audit Accuracy Over Time
All audit results are saved in an AssetTrack Audit Instance table. For any given audit definition, the Asset Manager can build a ServiceNow report of audit accuracy over time, showing the improvement in asset data accuracy. ServiceNow dashboards can be created that alert the Asset Manager of audits that fall below audit accuracy standards.